September 7, 2018 10 am- 8 pm
September 8, 2018 9 am-3 pm
A family-friendly festival for the whole community filled with food, bargains and fun!
The Burnt Hills United Methodist Lord’s Acre Fair is a popular two-day annual community event occurring the weekend after Labor Day, with food, friends, finds and fun! This is our 70th year. The entire church outdoor grounds is transformed into a fair with not only a giant rummage sale and silent auction, but also inflatables, carnival-style games, food, live music and fun for all ages.
Love scouring rummage sales and antiques stores for unusual finds? You’ll find everything from antiques to furniture to toys to books at the Fair – and at bargain prices to boot! We receive so much stuff that we even offer four pre-sale dates prior to the actual fair.
The Fair has evolved greatly over the years. It’s still the major fundraiser with a substantial amount of the income from the fair given through designated gifts to benefit local, national and international charities, along with many local people in need. A portion of the remaining income helps to maintain and improve our buildings and grounds, which are used by many community groups through out the year.
Have items you'd like to donate?
- Donation drop offs accepted starting July 2 through August 24, 2018
- Drop off times are weekdays from 9 am - 12 noon (preferably Tuesdays or Thursdays)
Summer 2018 Pre-Sale Dates (9 am-12 pm)
- Friday, July 27
- Saturday, August 4
- Friday, August 10
- Saturday, August 18
At the Fair you'll find:
- All types of food including, fried dough, sandwiches, salads, pizza, ice cream, sausage & peppers, pulled pork, chili, hot dogs, stuffed shells and more.
- Chicken BBQ on Friday, September 7 starting at 4:30 pm. Eat in or take out, $12 for adults, $6 for children.
- Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, September 8 from 7:30-9:30 am. Your choice of plain, blueberry or chocolate chip pancakes, sausage, hash browns, fruit juice and coffee. $6 for adults, $3 for children ages 5-12, under 5 free.
- An amazing Rummage Sale with a huge assortment of items all sorted into specific categories including:
- White Elephant
- Clothing (babies, children's men's and women's)
- Clothing Boutique featuring designer and vintage clothing and accessories
- Sporting Goods
- Furniture and Household Goods
- Tools and Technology
- Books and Media
- Crafting Supplies
- Artwork and Frames
- Holiday Décor
- Also featuring:
- Silent Auctions, 3 different auctions running throughout the event
- Local Crafters Booths featuring a selection of handmade items
- Old Time Country Store with locally grown produce, plants and homemade jams
- Homemade Baked Goods
- Bounce House, Face Painting and Kid's Games
- Pony Rides and Petting Zoo (Friday from 4:30-7 pm)
- Live Entertainment
Contact one of our Committee Members or fill out the form below to email BHUMC directly.
- Greg and Nancy Adams at 518-399-5875 or email@example.com
- Jerry and Cheryl Brady at 518-885-3268 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pete and Mary Jo Farrell at 518-399-7976 or email@example.com
- Libby Horn at 518-399-3856 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bert & Sally Longbotham at 518-399-4490 or email@example.com
- Kathy Pirigyi at 518-399-4284 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the publication below for photos and more information.