There are many ways to get involved!
Children and Youth
- Our Sunday School is during the 10:30 am service for children from kindergarten through high school.
- Confirmation Class is offered periodically for children in 7th grade and up.
- Children in 2nd grade and up are able to join our Youth Choir, which practices most weeks and sings in church once a month. Many children also delight in participating in a special Christmas Pageant during Advent.
- We have a Young Families group that monthly gets together for family-centered activities such as apple picking, bowling, Christmas caroling, and meals.
- Youth Mission and Fellowship Our preteens and teens get together for fellowship, fun, and service projects.
Ongoing Adult Bible Studies
Small group studies welcoming new people: Earlybirds on Mondays at 9:00 am; Explorers on Wednesdays at 9:30 am and a Women’s Bible Study, Thursdays at 9:00 am.
United Methodist Women Circles are groups of women who gather monthly for fellowship and a variety of projects. You are welcome and encouraged to join any activity that suits your interest. They include: Tuesday Connection Circle, meets at 9:30 am the second Tuesday of each month; Special K Circle, meets at 2:00 pm the fourth Monday of each month and Thursday Circle, whose meetings vary. Women are also invited to join Lunch Bunch, a group who get together once a month on Friday afternoons at various local restaurants. See our hallway bulletin board for the latest events.
- Outreach BHUMC proudly supports dozens of different community organizations, on local, national and international levels. This support is done through volunteering, collecting donations and financial support. Groups include SICM, Concerned for the Hungry, The Heifer Project, Bethesda House, Salvation Army, UMCOR and many others.
- Food Pantry We continuously collect donations to keep a stocked area for our neighbors in need to come and help themselves.
- Soup Kitchen Once a month, volunteers donate and prepare lunch and serve it at the Salvation Army in Schenectady.
- Mission Projects Various projects are planned throughout the year to help others in need. For instance, in 2017, we gathered cleaning supplies to put together over 70 flood buckets to send to those suffering in the aftermath of hurricanes.
- Chancel Choir and Joyful Voices Open to any who enjoy singing. We are also always looking for musicians to participate in services.
- Men’s Breakfast Men are invited to join on the first Saturday of each month at 8:00 am for fellowship and good food.
- Caregiver’s Support A group meeting monthly to share experiences and offer support of those caring for loved ones.
- Volunteers in Mission We sponsor groups that travel to Ireland, and at times to other locations, building community across borders.